What are Non-Bolted Butt-Joined Planters?
For less permanent applications where planters don’t need to be bolted together, the Non-Bolted Butt-Joined Planter can be used.
If the subbase is a bit unlevel, shimming of each planter is possible using our Lift N’ Level Kit. The kit contains small square hard rubber pieces in various thicknesses that can be placed under the planter for elevation purposes.
Designed to custom size and shape specifications, these planters can be installed exactly as your plan requires.
Because the modular planters are not bolted together, you have complete design flexibility. So should the needs of the space change, the design can pivot accordingly.
When to use:
- A watertight planter system is required, such as for interior applications
- Provides flexibility to create different configurations in the future
- There are budget constraints
- Desire the look of individual planters
- Marine-grade aluminum
- COR-TEN weathering steel
PureModern Modular Planter Projects
Kivvit - Chicago, IL: Kivvit utilized Modern Elite Divider Planters to create distinct spaces in their office in Chicago, IL. Kivvit, a company with offices all over the United States, specializes in public affairs strategy, digital media, brand positioning, and media and public relations.
What Other Connect Modular Planter System Options Are There?
If the Bottomless Retaining Edging Planter design does not fit your budget or landscape design plan needs click here to learn more about our Connect Modular Planter Sytem options or click below to learn more about other modular planter design options.
- Open Trough Planters: Bolting together open trough planters
- Bolted Butt-Joined Planters: Securely bolting planters together by butt joining the sides
- Bottomless Retaining Edging Planters: Joining bottomless edging planters together at the sides (this option is like retention edging in landscaping)
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I order product samples even though I am not ordering a product right now?
When you order PureModern’s free samples*, you can see the color and texture**, and placing the samples in the right lighting will allow you to determine, with confidence, the correct option for you and your client.
*Planter color samples are complimentary. Fire pit swatches require a down payment that is credited upon return.
**Only our Modern Elite Planter and concrete fire pit color samples come in the same product color and texture. Our PurePots color samples come on a heavy plastic that emulates the texture of our fiberglass planters.
What types of planter materials do you offer?
The materials you incorporate into your space will impact the final product of your design. At PureModern, our planters come in a variety of materials, including:
- Powder-Coated Aluminum. These customizable, marine-grade aluminum planters look good while withstanding all types of weather conditions
- COR-TEN Steel. Ideal for outdoor spaces that need greenery with an edgy spin. Planters made from this material are naturally water and frost resistant.
- Fiberglass. These planters are lightweight, durable, and versatile. Our modern commercial-grade fiberglass planters are made to enhance both indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Custom Materials. PureModern offers a wide array of customization options, including materials, shapes, and finishes. We also provide installation and irrigation accessories.
We’ve categorized our modern planters by material to make it easy for you to find the right material for your needs. If you need help deciding which material is best for your project, contact us, and we will get you started.
Do your planters have drainage systems?
Yes! We offer a number of irrigation and installation solutions.
For irrigation purposes, consider Ollie Plant Sippers, which capitalize on a plant’s own natural capillary action. With this system, plants require 80% less water, and the water holding tank only needs to be filled every six weeks – conserving resources and saving you time and money.
EZ Fill-Ter Bags provide a natural filtration system and are also an effective way to fill your planter that doesn't involve heavy soil or stones.
If you’re planning to hook up to an irrigation system, we can custom-cut drainage holes that fit your unique system.
If you’ve still got questions about how to choose a planter that will provide the right drainage solution for your design plan, find more information here or contact us today.
What is the lead time for planters?
We strive to meet your specific requested date. Please let us know when you need the planters delivered by, and then we can work backward from your date. Lead times vary from 1 week to 4 months depending, on the material of the planter, current stock availability, and whether or not it is a custom project. For your convenience, we have outlined general timelines per brand.
If you need something rushed or if you would like a custom-designed planter, please contact us, and we will see if we can work with you to meet your deadline.
Modern Elite Aluminum Planters
- Ships 1 - 3 weeks from order date.
- In-stock planters ships within 1 week of order date.
COR-TEN Weathering Steel Planters (made to order)
- Ships 2-4 weeks from order date.
All other planter brands
- Stock planters: Ships within 1 week of order date.
- Out-of-stock planters: Ships within 10 to 12 weeks.
- Ships 3-4 weeks after order date.
All other products
- Ship time varies per product (usually within a week for in-stock products). View specific product to find lead time in the product specs.
What are the top lip options for metal planters?
- No Top Lip
- 1-inch Lip Only
- 1-inch Lip and Return
- Reverse Top Lip
- Custom Lip Option – Your Vision. Our Container.
Modern Elite Rectangular Planter with No Top Lip
Modern Elite Cube Planter with 1 inch Top Lip
Modern Elite Modular Planter with 1 inch Top Lip and Return
Modern Elite Custom Planter with Reverse Top Lip
PurePots Fiberglass Custom Planters with Custom Lip
Do you provide trade discounts and wholesale pricing?
Yes, we do offer trade discounts and wholesale pricing. To apply to our trade discount program, please click here to learn more and fill out the form. Once the form is filled out, you can expect to hear back from us within 24 hours.
To learn more about our wholesale planter pricing, click here.