Terms Of Sale
Lead times are approximate and in line with current manufacturing volumes and subject to change based on manufacturing volumes at the time of ordering. Stock item lead times are subject to availability at the time of order. Rush order delivery dates to be mutually agreed upon at the time of the order.
Pricing is valid through the quote expiry date.
Made to order, custom and special-order products are not returnable. The buyer is responsible for the return shipping charges and applicable restocking fees.
All shipping is FOB origin unless otherwise noted.
Most orders ship LTL freight with curbside/driveway only service. Unloading to be done by others. Large items on custom pallets may require unloading by hand or with a forklift. Freight delivery transit times vary from 3 to 10 business days. Rush shipping and white glove shipping options are available up request. Smaller items ship UPS Ground or FedEx Ground whenever possible.
Please inspect all items at the time of delivery. Should you find any damage, please note it on the delivery ticket/bill of lading and contact us immediately to provide proof of damage. Our standard delivery options do not include unpacking; therefore, we request that the receiver inspects the package as best as possible at the time of delivery, noting any damage to the packaging on the delivery documents. Failure to document shipping damage may void the warranty.
Please be advised that our delivery companies may deliver with 18-wheeler trucks. PureModern will authorize a smaller truck if it is available in your area. However, if the local delivery terminal does not have a smaller truck or the smaller truck does not fit down your road, then you will be responsible for making the proper arrangements with the delivery center directly to meet the truck or pick up from the delivery terminal.
Our products carry a 1-year limited material and workmanship warranty and a 3-year limited warranty on the finish against rusting, peeling, chipping, cracking, mold, and mildew. Our warranty covers any defects in manufacturing that become apparent during the normal use of our product. The warranty does not cover loss due to theft, nor to damage caused by misuse, abuse, modifications, improper storage, or acts of nature. The warranty also does not cover any parts or products that are subject to normal wear and tear. PureModern reserves the right to repair and/or replace with the same product in the case of an approved warranty claim. The warranty does not cover any, nor allow for any recovery of, incidental or consequential damages such as loss of use, damage to property, or other consequential damage. PureModern will not accept liability for such damage. Any alterations to the product after delivery will void this warranty.
International Terms of Sale
The following terms and conditions govern the sale and shipment of products ordered from puremodern.com (website) that are shipped internationally.
- Orders placed on the site are conducted in US Dollars and processed by our international shipping partner, Bongo US. Your credit card will be charged in US Dollars and will appear on your statement as “BONGO INTERNATIONAL” or “ADEN / BONGO INTERNATIONAL.”
- You may incur foreign currency exchange fees applied by your bank or credit card issuer. These are not included in the price of your order on the website and are the customer's responsibility — please understand your cardholder agreement in advance of placing an order.
- Your order will be shipped by ground transport from PureModern’s distribution facilities to our shipping partner Bongo International which will process all documentation for the import of the items to your destination address. Your order will be delivered by DHL (or equivalent carrier) with all import duties and taxes prepaid unless otherwise noted during checkout. There will be no additional fees beyond what was collected at checkout on the website, excluding any exchange fees outlined in the above item #2.
- Your credit card transaction is processed under the following terms of Bongo International incorporated below for reference and agreed to by you at the time of submitting your order for payment.
- All electrical (light fixtures, lamps, kitchen appliances, etc.), electronic, telephone and telephony accessories are intended for the U.S. / North American electrical standards — verify that you are capable of using this standard in your country before placing an order. While many products can be used with an adapter or converted for use in different countries, we do not guarantee the functionality of any electrical or telephony products in any country.
- Not all items available on the website are available for export — you may receive a warning at the time you proceed to checkout that a specific item has been removed from your cart due to export restrictions. These restrictions can be a result of a manufacturer’s licensing agreements or due to import control in your country. Each item that is available for international shipment will have an icon stating “International Shipping Available.”
- All returns require prior authorization. You can obtain such authorization by contacting us. Any request for return must be made within 14 days of delivery.
- Return shipping is the responsibility of the customer — all items must be returned duty paid to the address provided in your return authorization.
- If you require assistance with return shipping — we can provide return logistics service through our international partner, Bongo International. Please be aware that return shipping services can be prohibitively expensive. If you do request this service, a quotation of the fee will be submitted for your approval before any return shipping is arranged.
- Your product cost will be refunded when the item is received to the location specified on the return authorization.You should return items by a fully trackable and insured method as we are not responsible for items lost or damaged in transit. In no instance will the international shipping and duties collected at checkout be refunded.
- Should you choose for return logistics service provided by Bongo International after you approve the estimated shipping charges, those shipping charges will be deducted from your refund amount. In the case that return charges from Bongo International exceed the product cost, you will have the option to pay by credit card the additional shipping cost in advance of the return shipment or seek a different shipping method.
- All items are inspected for damage prior to packaging for export. If damage occurs during the transport to the international carrier — you will be contacted to inform you of the delay, and a replacement item will be sent out to the international carrier immediately thereafter.
- If your order arrives with damage resulting from international transport a notification to the website must occur within 24 hours of delivery of the order. Please contact us with the subject: Damage Claim. Please include your name and order number to facilitate your claim.
WARRANTY & SERVICE LIMITATIONS:
The manufacturer's warranty may not be valid for products shipped internationally. Additionally, manufacturer service options may not be available in your country; the product manuals and other documentation may not be in your native language.
Your privacy is very important, and you should be aware that cross-border shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities. Also, our international shipping provided, Bongo International, may communicate order details such as product information, quantities, and cost to custom authorities to facilitate customs clearance into your country.
BONGO TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO ALL INTERNATIONAL ORDERS (CREDIT CARD PROCESSING).
For your reference, these terms are included for your review.
PLEASE NOTE: THE PURCHASE YOU'RE PREPARING TO MAKE WILL BE MADE FROM BONGO INTERNATIONAL. YOUR CREDIT CARD, OR OTHER PAYMENT METHOD, WILL BE BILLED FROM "BONGO INTERNATIONAL" OR "ADEN / BONGO INTERNATIONAL."
THIS VENDOR (THE "VENDOR") USES BONGO INTERNATIONAL FOR ALL INTERNATIONAL SALES MADE THROUGH THE VENDOR'S WEBSITE (THE "WEBSITE"). THEREFORE, ANY PURCHASES WITH A SHIPPING ADDRESS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES MADE FROM THE WEBSITE WILL BE PURCHASED, BY YOU, FROM BONGO INTERNATIONAL.
BY PURCHASING FROM PUREMODERN & BONGO USA AND CLICKING ON THE "AGREE AND CONTINUE" BUTTON DURING CHECKOUT, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
1. Purchase Made from Bongo International, not the Vendor. Due to the cost and complexity of international shipping, customs clearance, and applicable tax and duty rules and regulations, the Vendor contracted Bongo International to fulfill international sales made through the website. Therefore, purchases entered through the website will be purchased by you from Bongo International. Bongo International will purchase the product from the Vendor and arrange for delivery to your international address.
2. Payment Processing. By purchasing a product listed on the website, you are instructing Bongo International to purchase the product from the Vendor and resell the product to you at the purchase price agreed to by you at the final stage of the checkout process (the "Purchase Price"). The "Purchase Price" provided to you will be inclusive of all applicable shipping, customs and brokerage costs, import duties, customs and taxes; provided, however, the "Purchase Price" will not include any surcharges or additional fees from your credit card, banking, or other payment processing entity, for which you will be solely liable. Bongo International may delay payment processing of suspicious transactions or transactions which may involve fraud, misconduct, or violate applicable law, these Terms and Conditions, or other applicable Bongo International policies, as determined in Bongo International's sole and absolute discretion. You authorize the charge or debit to your credit card or another payment method as necessary to pay Bongo International the "Purchase Price." You also authorize the crediting to your credit card or another payment method in connection with reversals, refunds, or adjustments.
3. Payment Authorization, Fraud Prevention. You authorize Bongo International to confirm that your credit card or another payment method is in good standing with the issuing financial institution, including, but not limited to, by submitting a request for a payment authorization and/or a low dollar credit and/or debit to the credit card or other payment method, in accordance with the relevant entity. You also authorize Bongo International to contact you, or your credit card or other payment method entity, to verify your identity and to make other fraud prevention related inquiries. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you represent that you are: 18 years old or older; or otherwise not considered a minor pursuant to applicable laws, rules or regulations, and capable of entering into a legally binding agreement. Bongo International, in its sole discretion, may refuse to approve or accept your preferred method of payment, may refuse to sell products to you from the website, or any other vendor's website, or may cancel any orders you make or have made.
4. Transfer of Title. Title to products purchased by Bongo International on your behalf shall transfer to you at the time Bongo International transfers the products to a third-party shipping company for delivery to your international address.
5. Approval of Customs Broker. By ordering goods from the website, you hereby authorize a licensed customs broker chosen by Bongo International to act as your agent and transact business with foreign revenue authorities to perform all applicable actions, and to make all payments, necessary to clear the products you purchased through Bongo's checkout service.
6. RETURN POLICY. Any returns are based on the return policy of the Vendor. If authorized by the Vendor, Bongo International will assist you in the return process. Bongo International or the Vendor will refund the actual price of the product purchased, less applicable financing charges, and any other charges determined in the sole discretion of the Vendor. Refunds will only be made after either the Vendor or Bongo International has received the product, and the Vendor chooses to process the refund or has authorized Bongo International to process the refund. NOTE: BONGO INTERNATIONAL WILL NOT REFUND THE COST OF INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDED WHEN PURCHASING THE PRODUCT. NOTE FURTHER: BONGO INTERNATIONAL WILL NOT REFUND DUTIES OR TAXES PAID ON THE PRODUCT. ANY REQUESTS FOR REFUNDS OF DUTIES OR TAXES MUST BE MADE BY YOU WITH THE APPLICABLE AUTHORITIES IN YOUR JURISDICTION.
7. USE OF ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS. Bongo International may communicate with you by means of electronic communications. You agree that Bongo International may communicate with you by means of electronic communications for all matters covered in these Terms and Conditions, and for any other issues that may require communication by Bongo International to you. Electronic communications shall be deemed received by you when Bongo International sends the electronic communication to the email address you provided at the time of checkout or as revised by you or when Bongo International posts the electronic communication on the Bongo International website, or the Vendor's website. For those communications or records that Bongo International is otherwise required under applicable law to provide in a written paper form to you, you agree that Bongo International may provide such communications or records by means of electronic communications.
8. ELECTRONIC DATA. When you use Bongo International's checkout service, Bongo International collects information about each transaction, including the transaction amount, a description provided by the seller of the goods or services being purchased, the Vendor, the website, and the type of payment used. This information is used in aggregate, without customer name or credit card information, for internal analysis and to improve the services provided by Bongo International.
9. INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Bongo International, and its subsidiaries and other affiliates, and its and their directors, officers, owners, agents or other partners, employees, information providers, licensors, licensees, consultants, contractors and other applicable third (collectively "Indemnified Parties") from and against any and all claims, demands, causes of action, debt or liability, including reasonable attorneys fees, including without limitation attorneys fees and costs incurred by the Indemnified Parties arising out of, related to, or which may arise from: (i) your use of our services; (ii) any breach or non-compliance by you of any term of these Terms and Conditions or any of Bongo International's policies; (iii) any dispute or litigation caused by your actions or omissions; (iv) your negligence or violation or alleged violation of any law or rights of a third party, or (v) your purchase, use or resell of any products purchased from the Vendor.
10. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE CHECKOUT SERVICE, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT, SOFTWARE, FUNCTIONS, MATERIALS, AND INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE ON, PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH OR ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE SERVICE, IS PROVIDED "AS IS." BONGO INTERNATIONAL, AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS (COLLECTIVELY, "BONGO PARTIES"), MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER FOR THE CHECKOUT SERVICE OR THE CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION AND FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE BY THE SOFTWARE USED ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SERVICE. EACH BONGO PARTY DISCLAIMS WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE BONGO PARTIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
11. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, AND WARRANTY FOR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW BONGO INTERNATIONAL, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, RELATED TO ANY PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM BONGO INTERNATIONAL. YOU AGREE THAT THE BONGO PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE PRODUCTS YOU PURCHASE.
12. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY; FORCE MAJEURE. IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY BONGO PARTY BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO BUYER OR ANY THIRD PARTY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY, DAMAGES OR LOSSES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY BONGO PARTY OR THE CHECKOUT SERVICE, OR ANY GOODS, SERVICES, OR INFORMATION PURCHASED OR RECEIVED BY WAY OF THE CHECKOUT SERVICE OR ANY OTHER SERVICE BONGO PARTIES PROVIDE, REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF CLAIM OR THE NATURE OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION, EVEN IF THE BONGO PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE OR LOSS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE BONGO PARTIES' TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE COST OF INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING OF THE PRODUCT PURCHASED THROUGH THE CHECKOUT SERVICE. Each party acknowledges that the other party has entered into these Terms and Conditions, relying on the limitations of liability stated herein and that those limitations are an essential basis of the bargain between the parties.
13. Jurisdiction; Governing Law. This Terms of Service shall be governed by the laws of Connecticut, except for its choice of law rules, and applicable federal United States laws. Each party agrees to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Fairfield, Connecticut. The parties specifically exclude from application to the Terms of Service the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act.
14. Modification. Bongo International reserves the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions, our other policies, or the checkout service at any time.
315 Seaview Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06607
Last updated, April 21, 2011