LITE Gauge Powder-Coated Aluminum Planters
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is the powder-coating so important? How is it applied?
Powder coating is important because once the powder coating cures, it creates a durable finish that causes the marine-grade aluminum to last for years. In short, this is because when the powder coat is heated, it creates cross-links, melts, and then forms a sheath of protective coating on the aluminum.
The Application Process:
- A prepaint coating is applied to the metal.
- The planters are heated to ensure the prepaint coating dries evenly and thoroughly.
- The metal planter is electrically charged. This is done because the powder-coating adheres to static electricity. The powder is sprayed on the metal.
- Once the planter has been powder-coated, we heat it to cure the powder-coat.
Powder-coating heavy gauge 5052 marine-grade aluminum alloy, creates a superior product suitable for all interior or exterior commercial applications.
How do you fill a planter?
There is a lot of information about how to properly fill a planter. However, we recommend the following process:
1.) Make sure the planter is level and is elevated above the area it is sitting upon to prevent condensation.
2.) Add a filler that is not biodegradable, if the planter is considerably larger than the space needed for the plant to grow.
3.) Place landscape fabric to separate the filler from the soil and allow excess water from a possible over-saturated soil to leave the roots.
4.) Add about 6 inches of soil. Make sure the soil you use is appropriate for the plant. Then, tamp down, add more soil, and repeat.
5.) Add Plant sipper, if desired.
6.) Add the plant, more soil, and then wet the soil.
7.) Leave about an inch space between the top of the soil and the top of the planter
Learn more at https://www.puremodern.com/blogs/news/how-to-properly-fill-a-planter
What is the difference between marine-grade aluminum and other types of aluminum?
We use a 5052 marine-grade aluminum alloy, which has the following attributes:
- High resistance to corrosion when in constant contact with moisture
Do you provide trade discounts and wholesale pricing?
Yes, we do offer trade discounts and wholesale pricing. To apply to our trade discount program, please click here to learn more and fill out the form. Once the form is filled out, you can expect to hear back from us within 24 hours.
To learn more about our wholesale planter pricing, click here.
Why should you source your commercial planters from PureModern?
You should choose PureModern because our number one priority is ensuring that your project happens on time and meets your client’s expectations. We know you have a diverse array of project requirements and specifications and that each new project comes with its limitations, such as budget or space constraints. Use our expertise to help you find a solution. We will do our very best to fulfill your vision and will not be satisfied until you are.
What you can expect when you work with PureModern:
- We provide you with one point of contact
- We can quote most projects the same day and typically within 48 hours for larger projects
- Our fabrication lead times are as short as two weeks, depending on the needs of the project
- We stand behind all our projects with our Done-Right Guarantee
- We follow our Four-Step Proven Project Process
- We offer technical expertise for unique custom configurations
- We are consultative and responsive with a relational focus
- We offer a large selection of high-end, commercial-grade products
The Reliability of Commercial LITE Metal Planters
These commercial metal planters are made of lighter gauge metal, which means they’re easier on your budget, but tough when it comes to durability and longevity in any type of environment.
The LITE Rectangle Powder-Coated Aluminum Planter is designed using the same uncompromising process we use for our heavier gauge metal planters.
These planters deliver the kind of durability you’d expect from commercial fiberglass planters because we construct them with marine-grade alloy and powder-coat them inside and out.
Boost the Design of Your Commercial Space with LITE Metal Planters
Combine functionality with upscale design by adding the LITE Rectangle Powder-Coated Aluminum Planter to any space. Whether your design plan calls for traditional, modern, or somewhere in between, this sophisticated planter is the perfect solution.
Ideal for a variety of spaces, the LITE Rectangle Powder-Coated Aluminum Planter provides a sense of geometric symmetry. Group several units together to create a green screen, or stand it alone to complement any aesthetic.
LITE Gauge Powder-Coated Aluminum Planter Options
These light gauge planters come standard with drainage holes and are available with or without a drip tray. LITE planters allow for proper drainage and are suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. Opting to use the planter outdoors? Simply remove the drip tray.
- Integral feet. LITE planters come with integral feet that provide a bit of lift.
- Toe-kick. These planters — when used without a drip tray — have a toe-kick you'd see on a piece of cabinetry.
This lifetime product comes in five colors, is proudly designed and manufactured in North America, and is offered exclusively by PureModern.
What Our Happy Customers Have to Say
Our clients are extremely happy and satisfied with our service and our products. But don’t take our word for it — click here to read our reviews.