Villa BXV - Bronxville, NY
- Custom Modern Elite Aluminum Planters for a condominium complex
- Designed by Studer Design Associates
- Builder Fareri Associates/Gateway Development won the National Community of the Year award from The Nationals, the National Association of Home Builders’ (NAHB) awards competition
- 2018 Silver Awards for Best Landscape Design from The Nationals, NAHB’s largest and most prestigious awards competition
- Used for the clubroom grand courtyard, spa fitness terrace, rear lobby terrace, and the parking courtyard
Villa BXV is an award-winning landscape planned and designed by Studer Design Associates. Studer’s ultimate goal is to turn exterior spaces into outdoor living rooms.
Their level of excellence was apparent to us during the process of this project. This was clear because of their attention to the specific design of the planters. From requesting a mock-up of the planter for the Villa BXV Condominium complex to providing a detailed list of every planter required, they thought of everything. Studer Design Associates’ attention to detail allowed PureModern’s expertise to shine.
Studer, in collaboration with the construction company Gateway Development*, designed a mixture of the following:
- Tapered square planters that flank a door.
- Square planters with an overhanging top lip and an inlay just above the base of the planter. These were placed in the grand courtyard, the parking courtyard and the spa fitness terrace.
- Rectangular planters, with a mesh screen to create a trellis of greenery, were placed in various locations.
All of these large planters were made of 0.125" heavy-gauge, marine-grade aluminum and fabricated with internal bracing to hold trees and small plantings. Planters were powder-coated in suede bronze and matte black depending on their respective final destinations.
Photography by JakeRajs
*Gateway Development is owned by Fareri Associates