Tackling a complete build-out or even making small improvements for a restaurant, hotel, rooftop, or city street is a big task. Depending on the scope of the build-out, the need for a planter may be a large part of the overall plan or a small detail. No matter if the planter is one of many elements or one of a few, we will always follow our Four-Step Project Process that helps ensure that we meet your expectations.
We are here to help you specify and order the needed planter for your project, but to do that, we want to give you as much information as possible upfront to make your purchase as seamless as possible.
There are 10 things that you should know about when purchasing commercial planters at puremodern.com.
1. Our Four-Step Project Process
After multiple years of fabricating and selling planters, we have learned that a clear process needs to be followed to ensure our product is delivered to you on-time and meets your expectations.
Our Four-Step Project Process consists of:
Qualifying: This is when we set-up your trade account, talk with you about your vision, and discuss product options, as well as give you any supporting documents to help you make a decision.
Planning and Design: This is when we discuss in more detail with you about the requested material and color options that fits your project needs. This is also the step where we provide samples as needed.
Bidding: This is when we talk about the final plan and pricing.
Order and fulfillment: This is when the shop drawings are finalized based on what is quoted, and there is a mutual agreement on the payment and ship date.
2. Commercial Planter Features and Options
There is a series of decisions that need to be made when selecting the product that fits your specifications. All of the following items need to be considered and a final decision made as it affects if any drawings are needed, the budget, and the expected timeline. To learn more, read our Ultimate Guide to Selecting Commercial Planters.
Material: The material will dictate such things as the ship date, how long the planter will last, and the budget.
Color: The planters cannot be completed until the color is chosen. We suggest ordering our free samples to ensure the color you think you have chosen meets your expectations.
Size: The size will dictate whether the planters can be set in place by an employee or if a landscape contractor needs to be hired. This is especially true if planters need to be bolted together for the Connect Modular Planter System.
Shape: There are many shapes available to fit your design that can be used to divide a space or grace an entrance.
Drainage/watering plan: A plan to keep plants alive is important to consider in addition to choosing the plants and planters. Get the most from your investment by taking care of the living greenery.
Interior or exterior planter: Knowing if the planter will be inside, outside in a covered area, or outside in the open will help determine if the planter needs to be watertight or if drainage holes need to be added.
Custom feature and options: Items such as walkway lighting, brand supporting detailing, wood cladding, casters, or speakers can be added.
3. Need just a budget estimate?
When you are trying to figure out the budget, just having an idea of the cost will help determine how many planters could be specified. We want to think that planters are a must-have for all commercial spaces, but we realize that sometimes they are removed from the scope when the budget is reduced. We are here to help and can give ideas on how to increase savings. For example, you can save money by purchasing a planter that is 24-inches high instead of a 36-inch high planter.
If you need a budget estimate, you can do one of two things:
- Click on Request a Quote and fill out the form with the project details such as a list of items needed, project name, and location.
- You can add the desired products you want to your cart and then click on the Submit for Trade Quote button.
Once we receive your inquiry, we will send a quote within 24 hours.
4. Need a better solution to come within budget restraints?
If there is a budget that needs to be adhered to, please call as we can help find solutions that will satisfy the vision and the budget. This is what we do best; we want to find solutions for your business.
5. Approved Planter Drawings
Not every project is an ‘add to cart’ purchase. There are projects where specific drawings are needed to ensure that the end build-out is as intended. PureModen can create drawings for your project if needed and is also capable of reading and interpreting drawings to create a take-off of products needed, if not already created.
6. Commercial Planters Wholesale Discounts
If you qualify as a trade partner, we provide 20% to 40% off all orders after you register for our Wholesale and Trade Program. Depending on how many wholesale planters are ordered, we will also give volume discounts. Go to our Request a quote form to receive your trade discount and a quote for your project.
7. Planter Fabrication and Painting Time
Once the quote and shop drawings are approved, and we have a deposit for the job, then we can start fabrication of metal planters or when the fiberglass planters can be sprayed. It is required to have the final quote completed and drawings finalized and approved before we start.
The order's size will determine how fast the metal planters can be fabricated, powder-coated, and then cured. Fiberglass planters are primed and ready for the final painting, but the paint also needs to dry before shipping. We rarely turn down a rush request, so let us know when you need it, and we will work with you to make it happen.
8. Commercial Planter Shipping and Delivery
The material that has been selected for a planter will dictate the ship date and the receive date.
How to know when to order planters? Calculate back from the date you would like to receive the planters by, then account for 5 -7 days of shipping time. Other factors that will impact fabrication time like the material of the planter as well as any time for selecting color, material, and if drawings are required. If you look at individual product pages on our store, you will find the typical manufacturing time.
When should I receive my planters? Most planters take up to 7 days to ship. You will receive tracking information once they leave the shop.
How are planters shipped? Most planters are shipped via LTL on a pallet unless the order is just for one planter and comes via standard delivery. In the case of LTL, the delivery truck company will contact the phone number on the shipping information and provide a window of time that they will arrive. The truck typically has a liftgate, and the driver will have a pallet jack to transport them to a driveway or loading dock.
What is included with the planters? We include movable rubber square riser blocks. They are 1” x 1” x 1/2“ tall hard rubber with a peel and stick on one side-these help to elevate the planters to allow for proper drainage.
9. Done-Right Guarantee
Our Done-Right Guarantee: We guarantee that your order will be done right and fulfilled on time, or we’ll make it right at no cost to you.
What we’ll cover:
- If the wrong item/size/color is delivered. We will fix or replace it for no additional cost to you.
- Per warranty, if there are any manufacturing defects or errors, we will fix or replace them for no additional cost to you up to one year after delivery.
- Rush orders with a delivery deadline. If we miss the agreed upon ship date, we’ll put the order at the front of the production line and expedite the shipping service for no additional cost, and we will also waive all shipping costs.
- If your order is damaged upon receiving, we will replace or repair the product at no cost to you. The damage must be noted on the bill of lading, along with photos of the damage, and provided to PureModern within forty-eight hours of delivery.
What we won’t cover:
- Incorrect order placements, including sizes, quantities, and colors.
- Changes to dimensions, quantities, color, finish, etc. that are supplied per the client-approved PureModern shop drawings.
- Guaranteed delivery dates unless mutually agreed upon in advance.
- Force Majeure. Delivery delays outside of our control due to third-party shipping carriers. We will, however, do everything possible to resolve these issues.
What we will ask of you:
- To provide all the relevant information in a timely manner to allow us to successfully get your order done right and shipped on time.
- To mutually agree upon the timeline for the specific project’s critical success factors. Examples of critical success factors include shop drawing approvals, material and color samples approvals, delivery deadlines, or any other special requirements. Please refer to our PureModern Four-Step Project Process for expected critical success factors.
10. Commercial Planter Maintenance
Yes, maintenance. The items that are put into planters are what require the most maintenance, but the planter itself does need an occasional wipe down if you want to maintain its beauty.
All planters will need to be washed, especially when sitting outside. This is because they are exposed to dust and, in some regions, hard water. The planter material you own will dictate how to clean the planter. For powder-coated aluminum, a simple wet rag will do, but for fiberglass, we recommend a wet rag, as well as automotive wax. In addition, if there is concern about metal planters being vandalized, an anti-graffiti clear coat can also be applied.
This list is certainly not the only items to think through when selecting a planter, but we feel that they are some of the most important items that will help with ensuring that you receive the planters you intended to have.
The goal for any business, no matter the industry, is that the service or products they are providing are satisfactory to the customer. At PureModern, we want our service and products to not only be satisfactory but be outstanding. We want to be so bold and say we are your “Planter Company.” Call us today at 1-800-563-0593 to talk about your next planting plan.